Practice appointments policy
The person responsible for the review of this protocol is: Practice Manager
Date of last review: 23th January 2021
Date of next review: 23h January 2022
We endeavour to manage our appointments system to avoid delays in appointment times and minimise loss of surgery time through cancellations and failed appointments.
Practice appointment system
- We manage our appointments so that treatment appointments are booked no more than 2 weeks ahead;
- We try not to keep you waiting and to see you within 10 minutes of your appointment time. Where there is a delay, we will explain the reasons;
- We will remind you of the day and time of your appointment by text, email or phone (as preferred);
- We monitor our waiting times for (i) treatment and (ii) for booking appointments;
- If we need to change or cancel an appointment, we will give you as much notice as possible, and explain the reasons;
- We will let you know if there is a change in the dentist that you will see, and explain the reason for the change
- We will be courteous, friendly and professional always;
- We will respond promptly to telephone calls and never ask you to ‘hold’ without first finding out why you have called;
- You will receive full information about our services and our policy for collecting fees, including the methods of payment that we accept;
- We will explain your treatment options and costs, answer your questions and allow you time to consider the best for you;
- We will provide a treatment plan and estimate of costs for each new course of treatment and seek your full and specific consent before providing any treatment;
- We will provide urgent advice and care during practice hours as soon as is practicable. Outside normal surgery hours if you need an urgent appointment we will recommend you to call NHS 111 and get advice with them. Our line also allows you to leave voice mails, which will be deal as first priority in the morning period;
- We will refer you for further professional advice and treatment when appropriate;
- We will respond to correspondence within five days of receipt;
- We encourage you to provide feedback; we will listen to your views and learn from them;
- We make it easy for you to complain or raise a concern about any aspect of the care or service that you have received. Our procedure for dealing with complaints is available on our website, displayed at the reception area and all staff been trained to help you and give all information you need.
We ask that you
- New Patient Appointments require a £ 50 deposit fee.
- All appointments booked with our Surgeon specialist (Implant and Periodontology consultation) require a £50 deposit fee.
- Appointments booked for more than 1hour (Implants surgeries not included) require a deposit of 50% of the treatment.
- Implant surgeries’ appointments require a deposit of 50% of the implant price. The appointment confirmation is also mandatory at least 24 hours before, otherwise, the appointment will be cancelled.
- Appointments booked for members of the same family for the same day with consecutive schedules require a £ 50 deposit fee for each member.
If you fail to attend without 24 hours’ notice the practice will retain this deposit as a fee.
Updated on 23.01.2021 by the Practice Manager.